Green And Orange Protein Smoothie
Three days per week I do a MH60 work out with Andrew. Immediately after, I have a cup of coffee while preparing breakfast. I only sometimes have a smoothie after this workout. I am a huge fan of our Vitamix blender and use it once or twice every day!
My second workout is timed by my midday energy slump. Without fail, I hit a wall between 2 and 3 PM daily. No worries, though, this is something a workout and a smoothie can fix. I vary my midday workouts with a walk, a run or a strength training routine, such as the one posted here.
I almost always have a post workout smoothie at this time. This green and orange protein smoothie is the perfect pick-me-up.
- 1 Orange
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Water
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla protein powder
- Peel Banana and orange and put in the blender.
- Add spinach, ice, protein powder and coconut water to the blender.
- Turn blender to high and blend until smooth.
- I use Orgain Vanilla protein powder. I stick to a dairy free diet and therefore cannot use milk based protein powders. I have tried so many different vegan powders. Orgain is my absolute favorite. Though I prefer the chocolate, the vanilla is good too. The taste is delicious and the consistency is so smooth.